Students who wish to attend kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before July 31st. Currently active preschool students must register for kindergarten as well.
If you are interested in registering your child but do not reside in the Tri-Valley school district, you first need to be approved for Inter-District Open Enrollment. Inter- District forms will be available on this website beginning April 1-30th. Please do not proceed with Kindergarten registration.
If you reside in the Tri-Valley district and would like your child to attend a different elementary building within the district, you will need to register your child in your home school and then complete paperwork to be approved for Intra-District enrollment (Intra District Forms will be available online beginning April 1st). Please continue with the registration process below.
Residents of Tri-Valley registering your Kindergarten child, please follow the instructions below:
Registering your child for kindergarten for the 2018-2019 school year is a 4-step process:
Step 1: Complete the online registration: March 1-31, 2018
Step 2: Schedule a registration appointment at the end of online registration
Step 3: Gather required documentation (see checklist below)
Step 4: Attend registration appointment with required documents
Registration Gateway software provides parents with a paperless registration process. The student pre-registration should take approximately 15 minutes.
Some things you should know:
1. You will create a username and password. Please keep this information for future references.
2. You will be asked to complete information about the parent guardian(s), the student and emergency contacts.
3. At any time, you may “Save” the information and go back to complete it at a later date, but it must be
completed prior to your school’s appointed KG registration date. Be sure to click the “Save” button at
the end when you have completed the process.
Enroll Now-Registration Gateway
Once you have completed the registration process online, you will need to bring the following required documents to the school to complete your student’s enrollment.
1. Birth Certificate
2. Immunization Record
3. Two Documents Proving Residency in T.V. School District
4. Custody/Divorce Decree/Shared Parenting/Guardianship papers with court stamp & judges's signature
5. Parent/Guardian Driver’s License
For more details about the documents needed for registration, click Registration Document Checklist.